RPGenesis 2019 = HAT

September 22, 2019
For those of you wondering how the RPGenesis 2019 went, all I can say is that it ended up generating a total of 20 new games, some in English and others in Portuguese.

As for my entry, I came up with...






If you're thinking that the fact it has the same name as a certain PS2 videogame is purely a coincidence... you're wrong. It's not a coincidence at all. I totally stole that name. #noshame

Unlike some people who did previous preparation for this Jam (such as doing research on the theme or system their game would be about), I was completely unprepared and, at the thought of having to not only write 5000 words in a week but also make sure that those words would turn out to be a playable game, I may have panicked just a bit. In my attempt to come up with "something", my brain automatically tried to navigate to "stick to what you know" and the very first thing that came to mind was this one game I used to play on my PS2 growing up, over and over again.

Bear in mind though, that this game is not at all an original, but rather a mix and match of rules from different systems and it was not playtested (as far as I know), so I am not entirely sure how playable it actually is since I've never seen it in action. Still, it was a fun challenge and I plan on being part of RPGenesis 2020!

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.