EZ Recipes: Strawberry Icecream

September 14, 2018


Ingredients:

  • 500 g of strawberries
  • 2 dl of half-fat milk
  • 1 light slow yogurt
  • 2 egg yolks40 g of sugar


Preparation:
Mix the yolks with the sugar in a bowl until a light mixture.
Gently add hot milk, stirring constantly.
Boil the mixture.
Stir often until it starts to boil.
Put in a bowl and let cool.
Grind the strawberries until pureed, add cream and yogurt and mix.
Pour the preparation into the ice cream maker and follow the machine instructions.
Put it in the freezer.
Serve in ice cream balls.


My review:

Some people in my family liked this recipe, others not so much. I personally didn't like the fact that the recipe says you require an ice cream maker (I had to borrow my mom's) and the final result was kinda funny.

The texture was odd, I put it in a small bowl and the core was really frozen while the whole ice cream around was already forming a pink pool. The core just wouldn't unfreeze.

And even the taste was nothing special to me; it tasted as if someone made a strawberry milkshake and just tossed it in the freezer. I guess this could be fixed by adding either cream or condensed milk from other identical recipes (or even both) to make it a bit more creamy and give it an extra kick.

I am also not certain that the whole ice cream maker machine part was at all necessary, I know a lot of people who make their own homemade ice creams and don't own one.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.