New Year resolutions for 2019

January 03, 2019
Happy New Year, everyone!


People I know never seem to stick to their New Year resolutions so I never really bothered to make my own since it all felt sort of pointless. This year, however, I decided to give it a go for the first time and see just how many of these I'd be able to stick to.

General Resolutions


  • I started a new job yesterday, as a 6-months replacement for someone on maternity leave. Since the company is still growing (they plan to have hired around 1,000 new employees by the end of this year) I want to learn as much as possible and give it my all so that, when that colleague returns to work, even if I can't stay in the same position they will at least move me to a different department inside the same company.
  • Stop being lazy and dust my room more often (once a week or every fortnight at least).
  • Somehow manage my free time in a way I can keep up with the new seasons of all the TV shows I usually follow.
  • Read at least one book every six months.
  • Finish watching One Piece with Tim by the end of 2020.
  • Try not to accidentally forget that this blog exists. ^^''


Healthcare Resolutions

  • Stop being lazy and actually do some skin care (moisturizing cream every day; exfoliation at least once a day; lip balm every time I go out; use sunscreen in Summer).
  • Eat healthier (avoid fried, frozen and fast foods; no more than 1 dessert per week; reduce the intake of forbidden foods - things I'm intolerant to - as much as possible).
  • Prefer the stairs over the elevator as much as possible.
  • Drink more water (at least one 50cL bottle per day until March; at least two 50cL bottles per day until June; at least 1L bottle per day until September; at least 1,5L bottle per day until December).
  • Start taking extra vitamin C in September/October and get vaccinated against the flu in October to try avoiding getting (at least seriously) sick as much as possible.
  • Add in some walks on weekends if my free time allows for it.

TTRPGaming Resolutions


  • Desperately trying to keep up with the episodes of Critical Role.
  • Make some time to listen to my friend Ian's campaign on the weekends, as well as the recordings of my friend Tim's campaign now that I can no longer listen to those live.
  • With some help from Guy's new challenge and a little push from WorldAnvil (they plan on having monthly challenges as well), I also want to try having as much of a finished D&D campaign as possible by this time next year.

Since I had never made New Year resolutions before, I didn't really know what to decide upon, so I might still add a few other ones that I might've forgotten. But, overall, I think I'm all set with these.
I also tried to keep my goals as realistic as possible. Sure, I could aim for a daily walk on Saturday and Sunday and to read a book every month but, since I just started a new job and have no idea how I'll handle my new crazy schedule (I need to get up at 5.30am which is not something I'm used to) and how much free time I'll actually have, that would not be very realistic at this point and would probably be setting myself for failure.

What about you? Do you usually make New Year resolutions? If so, how successful are you in sticking to them?

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.